Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Festival feels - Dour

Time for another throwback post. In July I went to Dour festival which has become quite the tradition. I've only missed one edition in 5 years. This year we met up with friends from high school that I haven't seen in years. I've also met a lot of new people.  I've spend a lot more time socializing on the campingsite instead of going to the festivalsite so I saw a lot less bands than I planned to but the ones I saw really killed it. I especially loved The Compact Disk Dummies, Whiz Khalifa, Tiga, Boys Noise, Hayden James, Doctor P, Borgore, The Vaccines and Netsky live. Rudimental on the other hand was kind of disappointing, I'd expected a lot more from them but hey not everything can be as great as expected maybe they had a bad day, who knows? 

Specific things I'll want to remember from Dour 2016 are ;
- trying to replace a nearly full tent in the middle of the night to move near our friends
- a friend who broke his ankle after trying to wrestle with a professional rugby player
- being called the 'festivalmama' as I'm usually the only sober one
but obviously the whole festival experience is always amazing. I get nostalgic just thinking about it. Festivalsseason is just the best time of the year. 
Goodbyeeee
- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment