Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review - MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation

Hi lovelies,
How are you? Long time no see.
For a while now I haven't been inspired to blog and kind of gave up on it but inspiration struck today when I was doing my make-up. I have developed very strong feelings about my current foundation so I'm sharing those today.

Skintype
First I shall describe my skin so you'll have an idea if my review can be useful for you. I have very dry skin especially round my nose, around my eyes, middle of my forehead and cheeks. Recently I've noticed little bumps on my skin that aren't pimples but more texture, if you will. Lastly my undereyes are almost transparent and plain purple so difficult to cover up.
I have been using the MAC Studio Waterweight foundation on and off for a year. I use the shade NC20. From the couple foundations that I own that is the one that's closest to my shade so I'm currently back to using it. Initially, a year ago, I was really happy with this foundation. I'm not sure what changed but lately I'm really disappointed by it. The last few weeks that I've been using the foundation it has looked shitty on my skin. I don't wear foundation everyday so I kept on trying to use it but I gave up on it today. Here are my thoughts and concerns.

Review
The MAC Studio Waterweight foundation clings to my dry patches like no other but the absolutely worst part is how it bunches up around my nose/nostril area where it just looks crusty, yes that's a disgusting way to describe it but it's true and nobody want to look crusty, okay?! It also emphasizes my texture.
It has a medium coverage which is fine but it does absolutely nothing for my undereyes. It needs concealer to help with the situation but for some reason the concealer doesn't look good on top of it. Besides that it's streaky when you use a buffing brush so you'd think a beautyblender-type sponge will help but no! that soaks up so much product because the formula is so watery because it's a waterbased foundation (it does blend better though!!!) so I have a lot of issues putting it on properly. I can also say you'll go through a bottle really fast comparing to my other foundations! On the skin it leaves not really a tacky feeling but a greasy feeling. Lately it has also not been my perfect colour so I'm just done with it.
I'm sure this is a lovely foundation when you have a more normal skintype but for my dry skin it does nothing. My skin looks better without it but also note that not many foundations look good on me at the moment.

If you have any foundation recommendations for dry-skinned-gals, PLEASE let me know.

Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had the same matter like you. It's absolutely wonder the first few months I used it. But when my skin became darker I stop using it, and now come back it clings to my dry patches that I did not know I had. The same patches that studio fix fluid does not cling on.
    I suggest you could try the Mac mineralize moisture. It's dewy and look great on my dry skin, or mac face and body if you want sheer coverage.

    ReplyDelete