Monday, May 2, 2016

Where I've been - Floralien 2016

Hi babes,
A little over a week ago I went to the opening of Floralien in Ghent. Let's just start with this; It was fucking beautiful. Yes cursewords are necessary and I don't often curse. Many a time I was saying 'oh my god' out loud to myself.

As I mentioned in class : ''If something can get me excited, it must be something good''.

Okay let me give you a little bit of context. Floralien is an exhibit of flowers, trees and other flora. You could describe it as ''Living Art''. This exhibition happens every five years. Needles to say I was quite happy that I could make it considering I would have had to wait another 5 years if I missed it. That's the deal with these events that only happen for small amounts of time every x years; they make you feel so special when you do happen to see them.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but keep in mind that I couldn't capture how mesmerizing and mindblowing this exhibition really was. It was soooo much prettier than the pictures let you believe it was. I split the photos over two blogposts so the rest will be there later this week or next week.

This weeks pictures where taken at the halls at Sint-Pieters plein and the Bijloke site. Next week will be Leopoldkazerne and Citadelpark.

My experience was pretty great. It was really impressive. It was completely worth the pennies. Keep in mind these kind of events are a little pricey as it costs a lot to organize an event at this scale with so many flowers. I would really recommend going if you can next edition.


22-04-2016  -   01-05-2016

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment