Monday, May 16, 2016

Where I've been - Saint-Guislain museum

Hi babes,
The last few weeks I've blogged about a trip to Ghent. We know by know it's my favorite city so I'm going to continue blogging about it until I run out of content. Hopefully this will be the last one or it may get a bit repetitive but hey, the fact that I can keep posting pictures of Ghent proves how pretty that city is, right?

The reason I went to Ghent in the first place was for school. Our class was visiting the Saint-Guislain museum. It's a museum that shows the history of psychiatric institutes. We had a really lovely guide who explained everything so well. I recomment asking for a guide because without that extra context that the guide will give, you really won't understand everything that you see or it might even seem boring as you wouldn't understand the meaning of every painting or other object they showcase.

The exhibition aside I really loved the building itself. It's so beautiful and calming which was the idea behind it when they build it but it's amazing how so many years later it still gives people that same feeling of tranquillity.

Lost in translation // the quote below : A genius lives one floor down from insanity - Arthur Shopenhauer

My besties <3
Hope you enjoyed my Ghent trilogy.
Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment