Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review NYC Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil

Hi lovelies,
My search for the perfect black kohl liner continues. Finding a decent one seems to be harder than you'd think. There are a couple of boxes that need to be ticked : 
                                              - cheap / drugstore prices
                                              - readily available aka in my local Kruidvat
                                              - smudgeproof
                                              - doesn't crumble during the day
                                              - doesn't get in lines
                                              - lasts all day
                                              - needs to be pigmented 
                                              - needs to be soft to apply

Me picky? Nooooooooooooo?!
 Contestant of choice : NYC waterproof eyeliner pencil. You may now enter the ring. Let's see how it will do. Let's start with the good : The pigmentation is great, is has a a great deep black velvet finish. It looks gorgeous when swatched and on the eyes. It's soft to apply and the price is great, 2.99€ a piece in my local Kruidvat. Meaning that it also ticks the box of being readily available. Sadly that's were the good part ends.
 Onto the bad part: It starts as soon as you apply. I started my eyemake up with a light layer of the maybelline color tattoo in permanent taupe as a base. After that I applied the eyeliner around my eyes but when i looked up to do the waterline, the liner on the upper lashline had already left a black line in the crease which turned out to be incredibly hard to remove. Micellair water just doesn't cut it, which makes it hard to remove any smears during the day or at night when you remove your make-up. My eyes were still black the next morning.

When I came home at the end of my school day and looked in the mirror I was horrified. I looked like a panda. Black smears everywhere, my entire under eye area was one black stain. The picture below doesn't even show how badly it really was. The kohl crumbled in some places, smeared on other. It definitely isn't waterproof or stays all day. It managed to get into every fine line it could possibly find. It looked horrendous, let's be honest. It was so disappointing especially because it swatched beautifully and was completely smudgeproof on my hands.
As illustrated by the photos above it will probably be clear that my search for the perfect kohl pencil continous. Any recomendiations?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment