Monday, January 18, 2016

Recipe time - Snickerdoodles

Hi babes,
I'm sharing one of my favorite wintercookies recipe. Sharing recipes is something new i'm trying as I promised that I'd make this blog more lifestylebased. Not many of you know this but I absolutely love baking things but I never share my recipes. Mainly because it makes me feel special that people have to ask me to bake things they like for them. It sounds a bit psychotic but who doesn't love it when people ask ''hey, could you bake those cookies again, they're so good!'' Anyhow, let's change that and share some of my secrets.

Today I'll share a recent discovery; the snickerdoodle. It's a cookie that just tastes like winter and has a great texture, not too chewy but not dry and hard either.

Ingredients
250 grams of regular flour
100 grams of white sugar
125 grams of softened butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 regular spoon of cinnamon and 2 regular spoons of sugar mixed together for the coating of the cookies

Recipe
Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celsius
Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a bowl
Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer or by hand if you fancy until it becomes a light mixture that's close to white
Mix the egg and vanilla through the previous mixture
Mix both mixtures together

Mix the sugar and cinnamon together on a plate which will be used to coat the cookies
Roll the dough until it's a half a centimeter thick using a rolling pin
Cut your cookies using a a cookiecutter in a shape that you choose (I like my animal ones from IKEA)
Flip your cookies in the cinnamonsugar on the plate, coating both sides
Put the cookies on parchment paper on a baking tray
Put the baking tray in the oven for about 15 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius
Keep an eye on the cookies, they're ready when they're golden

Let your cookies cool and enjoy

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment