Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The empties round up #2

Hi lovelies, 
What do you think about another Empties-post? For this article I've gathered all the products I've used up over the past months. It surprises me that I can actually use this many products. Let's see below what I've used up and can now finally go into the trash.
All the finished products
Finished make-up
Let's start with the most interesting: Make-up. I've finished 3 mascaras. They were all getting old so I've been trying to finish all my open mascaras. These were the oldest ones so I started with these. I have nothing to complain about, all of them are very good. I've finished the Essence I love extreme mascara, Maybeline le colossal volum' express mascara and the Catrice all round mascara. All of them in black or the blackest version available. I've also used the Catrice long lasting waterproof eye pencil. The problem with this was that the kohl sticky thing fell out and dried up completely. I've done a review about this product here.
All the wipes
I've used a pack of big cotton pads from Kruidvat, A pack of small cotton pads from Biocura (the Aldi make-up brand) and 2 packs of facial cleansing wipes from coconut care. I bought these at the Action. They were absolutely horrible. I've never reacted to a product before but after 2 days of using this, my whole face dried out, was covered in tiny little bumps. It was a disaster. My skin had never been worse. I couldn't get it back to normal for days. I even tried putting body butter on my face to get some moisture back in my face. Nothing worked until I found a sample from Vichy that was meant to be a moisturiser for very, very dry skin. I tried that and it cleared my skin up in about 2-3 days. That sample is a real miracle worker but whatever you do, do not buy these facial wipes. The only way I even finished them was wiping swatches of my hands and they don't even do that properly.
My favorite deodorant, the only one that really works
I've used up 2 of my favorite deodorants, I use nothing else so expect to see these in every Empties post. These are the Rexona maximum protection deodorants in Sensitive Dry and Confidence. Both are great but I prefer the Sensitive Dry scent slightly over the Confidence scent. A review can be found here.
Hair and Face-care
I've used up another Bioderma Node K shampoo, prescribed by my dermatologist so I don't really dare to use anything else as my main shampoo. I've used up 2 La Roche Posay micellair waters. I do like these but I'm trying some cheaper brands at the moment. They are just shy from 15 euros which is pretty expensive. I've also used 3 things from the Shiseido benefiance line. This is aimed at older skin but my auntie bought this for her but actually never used it so I thought well it's an expensive brand I'll use it before it expires. I've finished the Balancing softener, a generous creamy cleansing foam sample and the daytime protective cream with SPF 15 as a daytime moisturiser. It's a bit too much for my skin as it is pretty greasy and it stays a bit sticky but this isn't aimed at my skintype so formulate your own opinion over these products.
Sample sachets
Lastly these are all the sample sachets I've used up. This is the poor peoples way of trying skin care. Not every blogger gets send generous samples from the beginning but these are the ones I got here and there (you know magazines, Ici Paris XL purchases,...). Let's start with the body moisturisers. I've tried the Garnier intensive 7 days body moisturiser and the Garnier body repair body moisturiser. I liked them both but the scent isn't as great as my The Body Shop body butters. I've used up the Juvena moisturiser, the Estee Lauder idealist skin refinisher, The Lancome advanced genifique youth activating concentrate, the Helena Rubenstein Prodigy re-plasty cream and concentrate. I'll explain my thoughts on those now. First, the Juvena moisturiser, nothing special, wouldn't repurchase but if I freely got a jar I would use it of course. The Skin refinisher was actually really nice. I applied it after my daycreme and it made my skin look better so I didn't need to put on foundation after this so I didn't try. I have another sample that I gladly use up but I wouldn't spend my money on it because I simply can't spend that much money on skincare. The lancome youth activating concentrate was also very nice to use but same problem, very pricey. Just as the Helena Rubenstein line, the samples were also pretty small so I can't form a good opinion on them.

Well that's everything. I hope you liked it. Have you tried any of the products and what were your thoughts on them?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment