Monday, February 22, 2016

The To-Read-Pile

Hi babes,
Today I'm doing something different on the blog. I have a shelf above my bed where I pile the books that I want to read. It's the small part of my book collection that I have on show and keep separate from my (soon-it-will-be-a-) library. Today I'll give you a little insight on the books I have left to read.

Let's start with "Life and Death" by Stephenie Meyer. This is the rewrite of "Twilight" as a little gift to the readers for the 10 years anniversary of "Twilight". I've just finished it and it's bloody amazing. I'm thinking about doing some book reviews in the future. Next we have the "Lockwood & co" series by Jonathan Stroud. I love fantasy books so this looked right up my street. I haven't heard that much about it but let's face it; the cover looks amazing. I do judge a book by it's cover ;) I have a feeling these books will be finished in like a few days after I start reading them. Lastly I have "A little history of philosophy" by Nigel Warburton and "The glam guide" by Fleur Deforce; Both very different yet the same. These are both books that I pick up, read a few pages or a chapter, put it back and repeat this after a few months. The philosophy book basically tells you per chapter a condensed version of a philosophy for every big philosopher beginning way back in the day like Socrates and ending with modernday philosophers. I know near to nothing about modern day philosophers so I'm excited to learn more about those. I realise this may not be everyones cup of tea but I'm interested in philosophy. Then we have "The glam guide" which is a guide for everything beauty and style which contrary to the philosophy also really interests me. Besides I reallyyyyyyyy love Fleur as person and watch her videos constantly.

Who's with me that books are great for decoration? Money well spend!
Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment