Monday, February 1, 2016

Where I've been - Ghent citytrip

Hi babes, 
Last Friday I went on a citytrip to Ghent. It's easily my favorite city in our small country. I lived there for a year when I started Uni. My grades were anything but great and I moved back home. I didn't really complain about it and grew to like going to school in Hasselt but... Now that I went back for a day I am smitten once more. I got a sudden feeling of homesickness. Even though I only lived in Ghent for a year, it did/does really feel like home. I never realised how much I missed the city. Probably because I've gotten myself in a new routine. Now I can't shake the feeling of wanting to move back yetI don't know if that's possible at the moment.

Anyway my homesickness aside; I usually use a citytrip as an excuse to shop excessively. Not this time though I planned a few things and told myself to only go into shops that I don't usually shop at if I see something special. Does one really need to go in another H&M in another city, probably not. I planned to go see the Design Museum, go see the exterior of the Gravensteen (I'd been inside before), walk through the Patershol and just see where the city takes us. 

Me and Anais started our day (after our usual train delay and Nikki tantrums because these always happen at one time or another --') walking 'round the Gravensteen. Later moved on to the Design Museum. I really loved this. It's really different from the usual museum as it doesn't consist of only sculptures and paintings. Besides it's really fun to oooh and aaaaah over things you recognise or still have at home. Especially the section where they feature things from the sixties until now, you'd recognise more than you think.Yes Tupperware saltshaker and Belgacom telephone I'm talking about you. Once done at the museum which I can definitely recommend we went for a coffee at Barista near the Patershol, walked through the Patershol en continued our walk through the city looking for food. The more I walked the more I felt homesickness and stomach pain. (I won't go too much into this but it ruined the rest of my afternoon and we had to go home early) Later on we did a few more shops and went for a couple of drinks but eventually went home in the late afternoon because I felt like crap. Even though my day started sucky and ended crappy I still had a great day and hope to be back in Ghent soon.
Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment