Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You only turn 21 once

Hi lovelies, 
For my 21st birthday I went out to dinner with my family and girlfriend. We went to Caliu - Paella y Tapas, which as the name suggest is a tapas and paellaplace. It had only been open for 10 days so we were happy to try this new restaurant. 

My dad and girlfriend had the Paella menu which consisted of an appetiser of toasted bread covered in tomatoes and olive oil, a second appetiser of dried tuna with marcona almonds. As the main dish they got a seafood paella.

My mother and brother got the tapas menu that was sooo elaborate. They had so much little dishes. To sum up : olives, light grilled sardines, the same tomatobread thingies, chicken/ham croquettes, potatoes with garlicmayonais, a salad with goatcheese, tuna and courgette tortilla and a platter of Spanish salami and other meat delicacies.

I ordered a la carte and went for dried, slightly smoked ox meat and ordered the same chicken croquettes. To be honest I also tried from everyones plate and ate almost all those jummie potatoes. It's my birthday and I can eat whatever I want to ;)

Afterwarts we went to a nearby cafe for a sneaky little drink and went home. Little victory to remember : The girlfriend slept over at my house for the first time (that my parent know of at least, so sneaky). Slight drunk parents, yeah that worked out in my favor. Back to sleeping over at her place for the rest of the weekends?
Lightly roasted sardines
Tomatobread and dried tuna
My ox meat which was delicious
Jummie chicken croquettes
Goatcheese salad, tuna-courgette tortilla and leftover potatoes. It's really hard to take pictures while your eating yourself... I ended up with pictures from plates that were almost empty because everyone was eating before I could grab the camera. #bloggerissues
Paella
Fatherly photobomb
Same headtilt, glasses, same stare into the camera.. Is it obvious we have been dating for a while and morphed into the same person?

The food was really jummy and worth it's money but that being said it definitely wasn't the cheapest I've ever eaten. Luckily my parents treated but do think about that if you're thinking about going out for dinner at Caliu.

I had a lovely birthday this year, thanks pumpkin <3

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment