Saturday, September 14, 2013

Nails of the day #7 - Marie Antoinette

Hi lovelies,

I'm uploading a nailpost today. I tried something new this time. I wanted to use my Marie Antoinette polish which is a light pink. But I have to use so many coats with a pastel polish that I give up before it's an opaque wash of colour. My idea hey why don't I put a white coat underneath it will make the color pop and will be so much prettier. So I ended up going to the store and bought a white nail polish by essence. Well what a disappointment that was. It didn't give any colour at all! but it created a more even base but it wasn't white and definitely not opaque white. It was just nude? Well I guess that's in the name but still it was not what I expected? I used 2 coats when I stopped and thought 'Well this isn't going anywhere' So after that I put 3 coats of Marie Antoinette on top and it does look pretty but didn't 'pop' as much as it would have with a good white colour underneath. I do really like the pink colour. It's not something I would usually wear but it's nice. I used the same-as-ever topcoat.

Prices :
Essence Give me nude, baby : 1.69 €
L'oreal Marie Antoinette : 5.99 €



Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment