Friday, October 18, 2013

What I Bought - The Body Shop Edition

Hi lovelies, 
I only lately discovered a brand which totally excites me now but it wasn't always like that. I'm talking about the bodyshop. Whenever I walked past the body shop-shops (is that even a word?) I was never persuaded to walk in. I always ended up walking by and ignoring it. One day I was finally drawn in and tested a body butter on my hands. I went back again and again, gaining more interest because 'everything smells so nice'. 
Oeh all the lovelie things
On another day I finally was persuaded and bought my first body butter. I bought a mini from the pink grapefruit scent because I wasn't sure if I would actually use it. I always forget and don't even bother about skincare and definitely bodycare. Scrubs and bodylotions are just not meant for me but time to chance that, isn't it? 

When walking around in Hasselt with Anais a good week ago I noticed there was a sale. 5 Euros for a full size bodybutter? Are you kidding me? But me still not sure about the whole bodycare thing bought/lent (not quite sure yet ;)) Anais the shea body butter. I let her choose a scent and she picked this one. I got intrigued by the passion fruit scent but again couldn't decide and went back the next day. At the time there happened to be another sale that got you double the points on your membercard. I bought the passion fruit shower gel because of the before mentioned reasons. Bodycare may possibly get ignored on a daily basis but soap most certaintly can't.
A mini pink grapefruit bodybutter // A full size shea body butter

The sales women was sooooooo nice. I still can't actually believe. She asked if she could help me, gave me lots of information and at the till she informed me about the bodybutter sale, I told her I already bought one and instead of just stopping her plea. She kindly asked which scent I picked and if I liked it. When I paid my shower gel (which was on sale and got me double points) she asked me if I would like a sample of the matching body butter. Of course I said yes. It was free and I was doubting about the body butter so I really appreciated it. She filled a little pot and handed it over with 2 other samples of the tea tree line while I mentioned that you don't see it very often that salespeople are that generous with samples and asked why she even did because all the other sales people sure didn't. I bought something in that shop already 2 times before and never got a single sample. She told me that she believed that you can only sell when people have tried a product and liked it. Which seems very logical but I was still amazed that she was so kind. 
Passion fruit shower gel // Matching passion fruit bodybutter sample

I went back again a week later because another sale was going on this time on the white musk lines and I love that parfumescent. I couldn't resist and bought the Eau de Parfum in White Musk Smoky Rose. Which had a 20% discount. Jippieeeee! The same saleswoman happened to be there and again with my purchase I got a sample pot with the matching bodylotion. She also tossed in a lollypop. Lucky me?
Eau de parfum White Musk Smoky Rose // Matching White Musk Smoky Rose bodylotion
Tea tree pore minimiser sample // Tea tree facial wash sample
Well that was a rather long story but when you are excited you should mention it. If he knew the famous sales lady's name I would give her a shoutout. By the by I should mention that every item I already tried is absolutely fabulous and definitely worth the money. The bodyshop can be quite expensive but there are sales very often. 

Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment