Monday, July 1, 2013

What I Bought - Médiacité/Fashion Edition

Hi lovelies,

Today (the first of Juli) it's 2 years and 3 months ago since my girlfriend asked me if I wanted to be her girlfriend. We have been a happy, dating, way too close and cuddly couple since then. For this anniversary we decided to go shopping in Liege. In Liege, wich is about 20km from where I live, is a pretty huge mall wich has the only! Primark in our country. This is just absurd, why don't we have more? But anyways it was the first time I went to Primark or this part of the city actually so it was quite the experience. 


We started the day by travelling by bus to Médiacité (this is the name of the mall) wich was horrible, we had to change busses a couple times because there isn't a direct line. We didn't find the place where we had to take the last bus, so we missed our bus. When we finally arrived we went for Primark straight away. Let's start shopping!!! but no, there was a line outside of the store to even enter the store. I had never seen anything like that in our little country. We had to wait but in the end it went pretty fast, it wasn't that bad. The big season reductions started today wich made that it was even crowded. 

Primark Oh god what do you do to me, it was MADNESS! People everywhere, clothes on floors everywhere, nothing that was in the right place, more than half an hour waiting lines to try on clothes, wich made that everyone was just trying on clothes everywhere in the store. I dealt with all of that but what baffeled me the most was that half of the people in the store were parents. Not just parents but parents who brought there little children in their buggies to the store. These children get so overwhelmed (ofcourse they are I'm an adult and was soooo overwhelmed) wich leads to crying children wich isn't nice for anyone. I felt sorry for the kids and instantly thought why would a parent want to go through this experience with the hassle of having to take care of a child whilst they're grabbing/looking/trying on clothes. It doesn't seem easy to me. 

We finally got to see everything in the store, waited for almost an hour to try on clothes, waited a long time to actually pay for them. When we made it out of the store it was hours later. We went into H&M, Hunkemoller, New Look afterwards. After all of those we were so tired that we went back to our home city. We went for dinner and went home. It was madness but still a really nice day. Here is everything I bought.

I'm going to start with New Look. I bought a summer scarf and a pair of loafers. The scarf is going to come in handy since summer hasn't arrived in Belgium yet. It's summer but feels like fall. The loafers are shoes I allready had in 3 different colours but they are sooo comfy. I decided I needed some black ones to go under skirts and stuff instead of ballet flats wich are way less comfy.

Owl scarf - 9.99 €
A more detailled shot of my owlscarf
Black loafers - 9.99 €
Side perspective of the loafers, they have a little elastick piece on the sides wich makes them very comfortable
 Next Primark, I bought some earrings, a disney sweater, a skater dress, a top and a parka or like it says on the card : 'Parka in a pocket'. I needed a raincoat for the summerfestivals. I'm planning to go to Dour again this year and the last 2 years I went, it rained for the whole festival straight.

Gold cross earrings - 1.50 €
Dark green top from striped material - 2.50 €
Mickey Mouse Sweater - 12 €
A blue skater dress - 9 €
Bordeaux raincoat-parka, it can be folded into a pocked wich makes it excellent for the coming festivals - 10 €
Parka : waistline
We had a blast even though it was stressfull. I love my girlfriend for having the patience to go on shopping trips with me. 

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment