Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Attack life, it's going to kill you anyways

Hi lovelies, 

It's finally happening I'm making time to do my Dour-experience post!!! This is probably less exciting for you as it is for me. Prepare yourselves, this will be another long post. 

after we arrived we set up our tents and walked around the campingsite. The next morning we walked(like thousands of other people) to a nearby store for water because it was ridiculously hot. We walked past a carwash and people were actually showering there because the lines at the camping were so long. The creativity of some people baffles me.
Testing out my color hairsprays
To protect my girlfriend from a sunstroke I got her a free jupiler cowboy hat and doesn't she look amazing in it? I could never pull that off.
The colorfull skinpaints I forgot to include in my what i bought post, Ghii she is sooo pretty
Eventhough it are just lamps, doesn't it look like lava in this picture?
Booze
Outfit of the day - nearly everyday I just wore a sloachy top with a short black skirt and in the evening I put on a black sweater and knee-high black socks because it got colder
Say hellooo to my little friend. Because of the heath there was a lot of dust and eventhough I showered that day this was how dirty I got a couple hours later
One of the men that kept talking to us and eventhough I would want to cut him out of the picture, he is part of the inside joke/memory
Anais was in a strange mood and started collecting leaves to *ahum* 'make tea'  It was funny though even when she was deadly serious at the moment
If you collected a bag full of trash you got a free drink, obviously these people got a few. We started doing it but the next day when we came back to our tent somebody had already stolen our bag, yes people actually stole our trash wich is the weirdest thing, they even sorted it out, things that weren't plastic they threw out of the bag.
The best veggie food
Shower lines and this is just part of it
Soap sliding at the coca cola stand
Booze and water, you have got to keep hydrated when the temperatures rise above 30 degrees.
Outfit of the day
My girlfriend started to get a natural ombre effect thanks to the sun
Yes the blue was the stage... Yes untill there it was jampacked full of people
People everywhere, it was full on madness. You could even walk anymore
It was so hot that when the sun came out around 7 AM it was so hot you had to crawl out of your tent but by that time you hadn't slept enough so if you were fast enough you could get your ass over to the road where there were a couple of trees, meaning shadow and sleep further there. As you can see lots of people followed this idea and every inch of shaduw was fully consumed.
knee socks
 These pictures who will follow now weren't taken by me so I don't own the credits. I downloaded them from the dour festival website where you can also find who shot these pictures
During a challenge to win one of the nikon hats
Taking a moustache picture at the ING stand, this one didn't turned out so great
I had a great time, exactly what you need to escape reality for a while. There are still one or 2 DOUR posts in my head but we'll see about that.
Goodbyeeee

- Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment