Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fluffy American pancakes recipe

Hi lovelies,

I have a recipe for you today. The real American pancakes. If you are from the United States you probably know how to make them but I live in Belgium and you never ever see them here. We have crêpes. Also pancakes but the real thin ones. Just as many people I want what I can't have so the search for an American pancakes recipe begun. I tried a couple, the one already took more time than the other but I managed to find one that really satisfied my fluffy pancake needs. Luckily for me it was also one that took less time and effort. I found it on http://www.nigella.com so all credit is due to her. Let's start. 

 What do you need : 

- 30 grams of melted butter (Following the recipe you should cool it but I didn't and it was still jummy)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 ml milk
- 225 grams of self-raising flour (You can use the plain kind but don't forget to put in a tablespoon of baking powder)
- butter for frying
- a bowl 
- a fork
- a small frying pan
- a spatula

The recipe : 

- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Add the eggs and beat them. You can also beat them in a separate cup but that means more work when washing the dishes
- Add the teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt
- Add 300 ml of milk
- Add the flour
- Mix them good together I used a fork to whisk/stir but you can also put everything in a blender but again so much work when doing the dishes
- Butter your pan
- Pour in dough
- Let it bake for a couple of minutes on each side. I just checked if it wasn't burning by lifting my pancake with the spatula and when it looked about ready i turned it around with my spatula. I recommend not to use the highest stand to bake because it would burn before it's completely ready and when you try to turn when the dough isn't completely dry on the top yet it goes everywhere and becomes messy.
Special additions : 

- You can eat this with whatever you like, you can also bake some fruit first and then trowing your dough on top of it and you'll have fruity pancakes
- I personally like it with a paste of white chocolate on top. When you put it on it will melt a bit and it's just delicious
- The site http://weheartit.com has given me the inspiration to mix in sprinkles or chocolate chips but I haven't tried that yet
- You get about 5 maybe 6 pancakes of a centimeter thick pancakes with a diameter of 15 centimeters and trust me one is enough for each person
- The dough stays good for at least 3 days ( I know because I couldn't possibly ate them in one day and ate 1 pancake each day and have eaten 3 by now)
Well I hope you liked this recipe, let me know in the comments if you tried it. 

Goodbyeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment