Saturday, July 26, 2014

A day in my life - vacationjob edition

Hi lovelies,
Little impromptu blogpost. I just got back from a late shift working with elder people who suffer from dementia. It was quite a rough evening. Usually it's pretty chill but today they were all feeling kind of off, I guess. Everything seemed a lot harder for them. There was a lot of talking nonsense, a lot of complaining, confusing each other, a lot of difficulties with walking and other problems like not being able to hold a glass. It was hard for them but certainly also nervewrecking for me, as an intern. It took a lot of patience and by the end of the night I was definitely annoyed and had enough, just wanting to go home. I treated myself to fries to make me feel better which worked. I complained to my girlfriend which also helped and now I'm complaining here, which also works ;). Things that did cheer me up besides that were all the animals that visited the workplace today. Look below.
Kitty, she is a wild cat that just roams the elders home and gets food and cuddles everywhere but look how pretty she is. She is very cute and loves cuddles. 
This is lucky, he is the 9year-old dog from one of the nurses that works at the supervised independent living homes where I work. He got to roam around and play with the elders for the entire shift. He followed me around for quite some time. Sadly the cat wasn't to pleased with his presence. 
This one is Dex and was visiting with his owner who is family of one of the elders. He is a rescuedog and is fully equipped with a flashlight and bell for emergencies. He is so playful, loved cuddles and attention. 
I'm still working on the Dour photos so keep waiting for those please. I hope you loved this post in return.

Goodbyeeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment