Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What I bought - YSL lipstick edition

Hi lovelies, 
Amongst a few shoppingtrips I acquired lipsticks and surprisingly they all turned out to be by Yves Saint Laurent. I need to stress these were a few shopping trips spread over 2 months. Fall is my favorite time to shop, all the great winter stuff comes out and everything from sweaters to lipsticks is better. 

Considering I worked during the summer months I had some money to spare and decided I could spend some of that on high end stuff and those coupons I got from spending to much in the first place also enabled some purchases. Let's get started.
Let's discuss packaging. Aren't these just gorgeous? I realise you pay more for better packaging but when you whip these out of your handbag, it really is worth the extra money.
Ah the one with the best packaging in my opinion. This is the YSL Rouge Veloptee in shade 1 Nude Beige. I think I found the perfect nude with this one. It's a very muted pink shade which resembles my natural lip colour without being to light because my lips can get very light from time to time. It's neutral enough to go perfectly with a heavy smokey eye and still not too nude to go with a light make-up look. It's also really moisturising which does leave a little bit of a sheen behind but if you dab the lipstick in with your fingers it will appear more matte if that's more to your taste.
The most Autumn related purchase is the YSL Pur Couture lipstick in shade 28 Rose Boheme. It's a dark fall lipstick without being too in-your-face like a dark purple. It's a pink-purple berry shade that has a blue undertone in my opinion. The finish is a special one, shiny and still matte, shimmery without seeing glitter in a swatch. It's gorgeous but I do realise this shade isn't for everyone. The packaging is also very pretty, sleek and classy.
I already did a review on the kiss and blush lipsticks here. As you can read there I absolutely loved them and I wanted more of them and that surely happened. I bought 2 extra shades the first one being this pink shade (shade 8 Pink Hedoniste). I love how matte they are without being drying. It's a lovely subtle shade of pink that's still opaque without being too overpowering. 
This is the second Kiss and Blush in shade 5 Rose Effrontee. This really isn't a subtle shade but pretty nonetheless. It's a pinky red shade that really brightens up your entire face. I absolutely love it.
The aftermath of blogging and lipswatches.

The YSL lipstick offering has really blown me away and they are all I wear lately. Sometimes it feels good to spend a bit more money on high end make-up. I have not regretted it for a second. How about you do you prefer high end or not?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment