Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What's in my bag - Intern edition

Hi lovelies,
The past 4 weeks I have been interning at the white-yellow cross. It's a homenursingservice. As you may or may not know I'm studying to be a nurse and interning is a big part of it because you don't really have a clue what you're doing untill you have interned and actually worked as a nurse. 

It's been quite the experience, you see and learn a lot. Everyday I drive around town with another nurse and we do everything we need to do together or take turns. Anyway because I actually have to do things I need to take a bunch of stuff with me. I will show you what I takewith me in my bag when I'm interning. 
 This is the bag of choice. It's a big one because I need to fit a lot in it. I NEED to take my binder/map (what's the correct term?) from school which holds feedback papers, papers incase you have an accident,... the 2 other real necesitties are a box with gloves and a handsanitizer because you know hygiene, sterility.
 I bring with me (this reminds me of that game I go on vacation and i take with me... and everyone adds a something and the next person has to repeat everything the other persons said and add another something) an umbrella (you can't live without one in Belgium), a set of gloves (still freezing over here), a wallet, water, and cookies for on the go. I don't do breakfast. I am just not hungry in the morning but I take something with me just in case. Above you can see how much I munched over the past 3 weeks.

Interning is one thing but when you're done working, the people you visit will offer you food and you can't say no. They will not let you leave untill you take a drink or a cookie. It's a dilemma for me because I don't like a lot of food, chances that you have something I actually want to eat are very slim but besides that people spend money on food that they give away. It's not necessary even though they give it to you as a thank you. It makes me feel bad because they should eat it themselves. It's crisis for everyone. It's so nice of them but I feel like I take advantage of them. When you do say no the people are kind off offended so I do take it but they don't need to buy me food. Do you understand what I'm saying? because I don't want to seem unthankfull.
Onto smaller bits. These are always in my bag.
- Ball pens
- Ear buds
- Housekey
- Painkillers
- Tampons (you never know when the time of the month will strike you, as a girl you need to be prepared)
- Bobby pins and other hairclips
- A range of lipproducts with at least one lipbalm
Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment