Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I will never forget you, Puffie

Hi lovelies, 
I have bad news... On Saturday the 28th Cocopuff, my cute hamster passed away. I get tears in my eyes as I even write this because it might seem like just a hamster to you but I loved him very much. He was about 2 years and a month old. I know that that's old for a hamster but I really hoped he miraculously would turn immortal or something. I knew his death would be coming soon but he seemed so well I thought it would still be a while. He was still active but he slept a little more and was a little harder to wake up but I thought that was because it's winter and this usually happens in his wintersleepytime.
His first ever picture
I feel horrible because the day before his death I let him stay in the tv room instead of bringing him to my room. I let him stay there because I didn't want to bother him and unnecessarily wake him up on his old day and I did that with the best intentions but now I feel like I abandoned him in his last day. I could have seen him one more day and I really regret not seeing that because I miss him terribly now that it's too late. My mother was with him and about 1 AM he was acting a little weird and she held him for awhile and put him back and in the morning she came to tell me and when we went to see, he had already passed. I immediately started crying and I still cry now that I have to write this. 
I still remember the day I saw him in the store and I fell in love instantly with this amazing babyhamster. I went back the next day because I couldn't leave him even though my mother forbid me to get a pet while I living in another city to study. Anais talked me into buying him with the line that he would make me so happy and I deserved that. Her speech came true and I loved him from the moment I got him. I have always been overprotective with him and loved him as if he was my own child. He was the first pet I got from when I was old and responsible enough to choose for one and take care of one myself. As a child I didn't really care about my pets because I was too little to fully comprehend everything that came with it and was fastly distracted to other things than my pets. Now everything was different.
The day I got him was the 9th of January and I hoped he would make it till the 9th this year. I was planning on spoiling him with hamstercandies. Sadly that hasn't happened...
I'm sitting in my room as I write this and I can't help but notice how quiet my room is without him. I feel lonely in my room and miss him intensely. I already dream about a new hamster but the next one will never be same and even though I don't want to replace him because he isn't replaceable, I still need another one in my life. I just want my Puffie back, is that too much to ask? I guess so but that's what I want even when I know it can't happen. 

I still have so many pictures of him that I want to share and I will still do that. He was the prettiest hamster I will ever find and I shouldn't deny you or myself pictures. The pictures will follow another time but I have a little piece of film from a couple weeks back that is too cute not to share. You can watch that below if you want to. 

I needed to write this but it's been really hard on me. I loved him and I always will. 

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment