Sunday, April 13, 2014

Bringing you up to date//Animalnews

Hi lovelies, 
I'm BACK. As you may know I was on the seaside since Saturday and I had the most amazing time. I took a lot of pictures, so did my partner-in-crime Demi, she's my girlfriends sisters girlfriend. Can anyone follow that sentence? But we both take pictures constantly. It's lovely because around her I don't feel so awkward for pulling my camera out of my bag multiple times a day. I'm no longer alone in this ^^. I'm going to be reporting on my trip for the following few posts. It's lovely how a trip can inspire so many blogposts but it's also so daunting because it's a lot of work, getting through so many pictures. Also you have to decide with what you want to start and god it's hard, I'm writing this before I made the decision of what this blogpost is going to be about. 
Proud mommy and surviving baby
Okay, About 10 minutes later I decided that I'm going to postpone the whole Seaside-Series for a bit of special news. A couple of months ago I wrote this post, telling you that Aida aka sister-in-law got a new bunny. She wanted a baby boy because she already had a boy and they could play together. The new bunny got liked a little too much and the older bunny constantly tried to hump it. Poor thing but nothing weird, it happened with my 2 boy bunnies too. When we got back Friday evening we still didn't notice anything different. This morning on the other hand(Saturday) Anais texted me they had baby bunnies! It was quite the surprise as we thought that Pluisje was a boy instead of a girl. Turned out she gave birth overnight outside to 4 baby bunnies. The bad news is that 3 of the 4 died in the first hours. The fact that they were born outside in the cold was of course not ideal and quite possibly made that happen. It's really sad but you can't really make preparations when you don't know your bunny is pregnant or a lady in the first place. The last one is still going strong and crawls around happily. We hope he's going to make it. It's her first pregnancy so according to the info I got from a lady in the animalshop it's possible that she doesn't know how to handle, doesn't have enough milk or ignores the baby so chances are he's not going to make it but we hope for the best and will otherwise try to bring it up by hand. 
An exhausted mommy

The baby is still without fur and blind but he/she is able to crawl and does a lot of it. So far the mommy has laid next to it so let's hope she feeds him properly. He/she is about a finger big and is a complete bunny with tiny ears and paws and everything, it's adorable. 
Our little survivor, at least for now.
I know this was a bit long but you know I have to bring you back up to date, didn't I?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

First picture was taken by Imana, my little sister-in-law. Credit goes to her.

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovelies,
    Unfortunately I have to tell you guys that the little munchkin didn't make it past Sunday. So sad. Hopefully we have more luck next time.
    Goodbyeeee
    - Nikki

    ReplyDelete