Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Make-up and vanity organisation

Hi lovelies,
Today we're discussing vanity-organisation. The day I took these pictures I cleaned my entire room and re-organised everything and I am so proud of myself because I hate doing these things and knowing myself this clean room won't last longer than 2 days. My dresser/vanity is placed in my bedroom and holds the stuff that I use after I come out of the bathroom with is basically everything except a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo and a razor. That's all because I share my bathroom with my brother and in the morning there is not enough time for me to do all my make-up and stuff in the bathroom because he also has to shower before school and my stuff would overtake the whole bathroom and he wouldn't  be able to cope. Let's take a look shall we.
 Let's start off with the vanity itself. I bought this at Ikea and made my father drive across the country for this one because the nearby store was sold out and they were not making this model anymore. I needed to have it and actually cried when I heard I wouldn't be able to own it so my dad felt sorry and drove halfway across the country to get me one of the last remaining ones. I know I'm a bit of a dramaqueen but I had my heart set on it because it's soooo beautiful. It's also super handy because of the mirror and the drawers underneath. I can't do my make-up whilst I sit down so a table would be a waist of space. Btw Ikea still makes the version with the mirror on the table which does look stunning but wasn't what I wanted. The only problem I have with this is that I have to walk to my big mirror on the otherside of the room because I have problems with my eyes and without my glasses I can't see far enough to do my make-up in the mirror on the vanity. Considering it's impossible to do my make-up with my glasses on I have to do the precisionwork on the other side of the room but that really doesn't bother me. For what's on my dresser I took more detailed pictures and we'll start from left to right.
 Completely to the left you can see a bag from the bodyshop, that's where I store my empties which are waiting for the next emptiesblogpost. Next to that I store the hairproducts I use regularly a Dove leave-in conditioner, a L'oreal rootbooster, L'oreal texturising spray, 2 heatprotectantsprays by kruidvat and L'oreal, 2 batiste dryshampoos, a seasaltspray by got2b and my L'oreal Elnett hairspray. In the drawer fits most of my make-up. There is no system for the inside of these... Just stuff everything in and hope everything fits.
 View from the top of that drawer.  I have a couple of holders and I stuff make-up in it. Left to right in the back: neutral lipsticks and balms, mascaras, bright lipsticks and an odd eyecream from the bodyshop where I lost the lid from. In the front 2 candleholders I put all the eyepencils and liners, browpencils, eyeshadowbases and a light-reflectingconcealer, all the eyestuff basicly and in the last candleholder I store all the lipcrayons and stains.
In between the drawers I store my bigger make-up palettes, a jar with cottonpads and q-tips and next to that all the skincare. In the back 2 deodorants, an eyemake-up remover by Nivea, Garnier micellair water. Before that a Kruidvat SPF50, Shisheido oil, a little miniset from the bodyshop seawead range containing the nighttreatment, daycream and toner (the cleanser is in my shower), a shiseido eyecream and Garnier hydra-adapt moisturiser 
 On the top of the right drawer I store my perfumecollection. Yes over the years it has accumulated to a collection. The thing is... I never finish a perfume whenever one is running low I buy a new one and keep that little part that's left for special occasion and basically keep it forever because I can't stand the thought of not having them anymore. That's sad isn't it but I attach memories to things and that's why I'm a hoarder. Let's run you through : Givenchy very irresisteble eau de toilette and eau de parfum, Chanel Nr 5 eau de parfum, Chanel coco mademoiselle eau de toilette and eau de parfum, Bvlgary jasmin noir l'essence, Armani idole, The BodyShop white mush smoky rose, a perfume my mom brought from vacation without a name and an empty bottle in the back which contained Notorious by Ralph Lauren which was the perfume Anais wore when we first started dating and we can't find it anymore in stores... It makes me sad but every once and awhile I sniff it and it still melts my hearts. I am aware I own the same perfumes but it different intensities but they do really smell different without being too different from what you like in a scent, if you get what I mean?
Lastly into the drawer is the rest of my make-up and on the other half hairstuff and a bit of jewelry. Next to the drawer is the make-upbag I use everytime I sleepover somewhere and the last holder which hold all beauty's extra bits and bops : hairbrush, teasing brush, make-up brushes, nail file, haircutting scissors and lashcurlers which I never use.

Voila that was a very long blogpost, wasn't it? And a little different of the things I usually do, change is nice.

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment