Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Lip Product Addict TAG

Hi lovelies,
I've seen 'The Lip Product Addict Tag' floating around Youtube. It was invented by Estee from Essie Button and Amelia from Amelia Liana. I really liked the idea so today I'm going to show you my version. When it comes to make-up lipsticks are my favorite, that's why I figured this would be the perfect tag for me. 

When I was a little girl I already showed interest in lipsticks and when I got older and went to secondary school that only grew. The sad part was that I was too young to wear lipstick and it also wasn't allowed at school. That's when I vowed to myself that when I would be in my twenties I would start wearing lipstick everyday and especially red lipstick because I loved that the most. Well that time has come and I've really started to make an effort to wear more lipstick. Of course I'm not wearing it everyday, it takes a lot of work to maintain during the day so for school it still isn't as easy but I'm working on it. Now that I'm older I feel more confident to wear I bright lip in public. When I was younger I always feared that people would stare and think negatively about it, which was another reason why I wouldn't wear it. Luckily I am getting over that and have started to love wearing lipstick. That being said let's get started with the tag and dive into the questions.
I also wanted to add that the lipswatches are all a little bit more vibrant in real life but thanks to the cropping, they got a bit more blurry and lost a bit of intensity.

1. Favorite balm or treatment?
My simple Kruidvat lipbalm which is just the homebrand from our drugstore is my favorite lipbalm. It's supersimple nothing special, great for everyday and under lipsticks. I also always use it over a lipstain when it becomes drying. Okay it's probably not the best lipbalm when your lips are so chapped it hurts but that can be avoided when you use this lipbalm regularly. As you can see I did because that's literally all that's left. It's also the only one that is almost finished before I've lost it. Lipbalms always get lost somehow. I didn't add a lipswatch below because it's just a clear balm.

Special little mention for my newest addition, the Dior lipglow. This balm adapts to your PH balance and I thought that would be nonsense but wanted to try it anyway after reading so much good things about it. It's a bit pricy at 32.25 euros but worth it. It gives my lips a light pink flush and gets darker during the day so it gives a bit of natural color whilst moisturizing my lips. At the picture below the pink isn't that obvious yet because I just applied it.
2. Best eye catching red?

For best eyecathing red I chose my maybelline color sensational lipstick in pleasure me red. I bought this around Christmas and is perfect for the holidays. It looks really chique. I prefer darker reds like this one. It also doesn't make my teeth look more yellow than they already are so that's a plus. The lipstick last pretty long and has a satin finish. Another nice thing about this lipstick is the smell, I can't quite describe but I definitely recommend it.
3. Best luxury and best drugstore lip product?
For this question I chose a bright and nude colour for each. Let's start with luxury brands. I chose Givenchy in Champs Elysees. It's a bright fuchsia. It's the bottom left swatch. Let's talk about the packaging of this one, it's genius. There is no cap that you have to hold or could get lost. It's a slide-up mechanism. I've said it once and I'll say it again, genius. For the nude one I went for the Chanel velvet lipstick in la raffinee. The swatch next to Champs Elysees. The finish is gorgeous, matte but not too matte. Also gorgeous packaging. Sleek and with a clickable lid.

My drugstore choices are the Bourjois velvet editions. These are also matte because that's the finish I love the most. I already wrote a review here.
 4. Favourite MAC lipstick?
I don't know if it's the best lipstick by mac but it's my only one. It's a really matt dark red lipstick. It is in fact not really all that different from the maybelline one, both are amazing but this one is that tiny bit more matt.
 5. Most disappointing lipproduct?
This products isn't really that disappointing because I loved it at first and used it everyday. The reason why I don't like it anymore is the smell. It smells like candy and I can't handle it anymore without getting a tiny bit sick in my stomach. The colour is also slightly off. It's too light pink and has a bit of the saint-germain-effect.
 6. Lipliner, yes or no?
I don't own any so this has to be a NO. I'm a no-fuss-kinda lady when it comes to make-up. Adding another step is just to much effort. As you can see in my swatches, my lipline and the colour of my lips is very light so I could definitely benefit from a good lipliner but I just can't be bothered.
7. Best gloss?
I don't like a shiny finish on my lips so I really had to think about this. I don't own any of the conventional lipglosses so I opted for 2 crayons with a glossy finish. The NYC sweet gloss splash stick was limited edition but is a pretty berry gloss. It doesn't last all that long but no gloss does, right? I also really like the Bourjois color boost crayons. I wear the orangetoned one the most because it looks really natural on me, especially in summer with a bit of a tan because it's more warmtoned.
 8. Something Extra?
My something extra is the kind of lip make-up I love the most : lipstains. I hate reapplying my lipstick through the day, I hate how I can't eat or drink when wearing lipstick without getting that weird outline, I hate not being able to kiss someone without leaving a print. None of that happens with either of these lipstains. The maxfactor is a bit more expensive but has a gorgeous red colour. The NYC smooch proof lipstains are great for a smaller price. Champagne stain is my perfect my lips but better colour and is really natural. It last really long. With both you can apply some balm afterward to keep your lips moisturised.
Now what I want to know is are you confident enough to wear bright lipsticks regularly, or is it not really your style? 

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment