Sunday, February 16, 2014

Comparison review - Rimmel Wake me up foundation // Catrice All matt plus foundation

Hi lovelies, 
A little while ago I got my first e-mail from a reader. She told me she was searching for a new foundation and asked me if I could swatch my Rimmel wake me up foundation and my Catrice all matt plus foundation in the sunlight. So that's what we're going to do today, I'll also add a review to my swatches.
Packaging : 
Both are very pretty, let's just agree on that. The Rimmel foundation looks so cheerful and colourful. Compared to the Catrice all matt plus I do find that this one looks a little more timeless and classy. Both are glass bottles, contain a fluid ounce of product and have a pump.

I'm going to putt this out there... It took me months to figure out that my Catrice foundation has a pump. I always turned the cap and then ended up with something that looks like a spatula. This is NOT what you want to do. You have to PULL the cap, not TWIST. Otherwise you just screw the pump right off. When I both it I even showed it to my girlfriend. I was like 'What the hell is this?' She tried to open it and neither of us figured out that you had to pull. So if any of you didn't figure it out yet... that's the trick.
Colour : 
I have the Rimmel Wake Me Up in 100 Ivory and the Catrice All Matt Plus in 010l Light Beige. These are both the lightest shades in the range, at least in Belgium. As you can see there is a huge difference in colour. The Rimmel foundation is a lot darker. It has a pinkish undertone, it looks slightly orange in the pictures but I always wear my face make up natural, so I wouldn't use it if it looked as orange on my face. My girlfriend wouldn't let me either, nobody likes looking orange. Concluding I can safely say that it has a pink undertone, or at least on my skin. The Catrice foundation on the other hand is a lot paler and more neutral. It looks yellow in comparison but a truly yellow undertoned foundation would look horrible on my skintone so I guess this must be neutral as it does look natural on me. 

The Catrice is lighter so this probably suits pale girls better. I wore the Rimmel shade in summer and it looked so pretty but it's a little to dark for me now. 
Coverage : 
Both are medium coverage but I guess you could build it but I have never tried it. I'm too scared from cakey make-up to even try putting more than a pump on my face. I like my make-up sheer and natural so I only use a little foundation and make sure you can still see my freckles. I'm not the best person to take advice from if you want a full coverage foundation but if you do like a natural look I can tell you it is possible with these ones.
Formula : 
They both feel smooth, sink in relatively quickly,... The Rimmel foundation offers SPF 15, the Catrice one does not have SPF. The Rimmel foundation promises a wake up effect and the Catrice all matt plus goes for the obvious matt approach. These are the 2 complete opposites in foundation. 

I always heard that if you had an oily skintype you should go for matt, my skin is not overly oily. Normal to oily I would say (I'm just winging it here) but I love both finishes. The all matt plus is a matt foundation but it doesn't look powdery or cakey. Always a win. The wake me up foundation goes for a glow and boy does it glow. In the right (or wrong depends on if you like it) lighting and in the sunlight will there be a big chance you can look like Edward Cullen in broad daylight. I often catched myself looking in my reflection in the bus window and saw my face glitter. If I applied my foundation with my hands, my whole hands would be covered in glitter as soon as the sun strikes. It's obvious but oooh so gorgeous. I don't know why but I really like this effect, even though that kinda gives away that you're wearing make up. It does really offer a pick me up in the morning and makes you seem more awake and alive.
Ah the obvious sheen on the skin when wearing Rimmel.

Lastly onto price point : 

The Rimmel wake me up foundation comes it at 12.99€ whilst the Catrice all matt plus foundation costs 6.59€. 
Look glitter!!! this picture was taken in the bathroom under yellow lighting.

I hope I could help any of you, did you like this review? Any tips?

Goodbyeeee

- Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment